ShefFood Deputy Partnership Coordinator
We are looking for a deputy coordinator for the partnership who is passionate about sustainable food and passionate about helping the partnership achieve its aims for Sheffield.
ShefFood is Sheffield’s food partnership and part of the national network of Sustainable Food Places. We are a cross-sector partnership of local public agencies, businesses, academic and community organisations committed to working together to create a more sustainable food system for Sheffield. ShefFood exists to:
- connect, coordinate, communicate and celebrate the wide variety of food partnership activities happening in Sheffield;
- support the design, development and delivery of effective food policies and strategies for Sheffield and
- lead a successful bid for a Sustainable Food Places Silver Award for Sheffield.
Commitment: This is a fixed term position for 24 hours per week commencing immediately until the end of August. Working arrangements are flexible and can be negotiated to fit the right candidate.
Responsible to: This position is hosted at Food Works. The ShefFood Partnership Coordinator will act as your line manager and work priorities will be discussed in collaboration with ShefFood key members and officers.
Remuneration: £11.01 per hour for a 24 h/w contract, or £20,608.85 pro rata.
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by noon on January 6th. Interviews are scheduled to take place in the week commencing the 9th January.
- Support the facilitation of the working group meetings within the remit of the partnership. Keep in regular contact with group members between meetings to maintain momentum
- Research, Identify and engage key potential partners of ShefFood across Sheffield.
- Support the ShefFood Partnership Coordinator to identify opportunities for funding, and to write and submit bids. Support bids and projects where they further develop the partnership.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an effective communications strategy, working with the ShefFood Comms Coordinator and ShefFood Partnership Coordinator.
- Represent the partnership at meetings relevant to the progression of ShefFood key issues locally and nationally.
- Support the research and analysis of the ShefFood Action Plan, building on Sheffield City Council’s food strategy to engage stakeholders from across the food system in the city.
We are looking for a person who fits our team and mission. Specifically for this role we would like someone who is:
- A capable organiser who can work with minimal supervision.
- Experienced in fostering collaborations in a network of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Good level of IT skills, in particular with Google Workspace.
- Ability to attend meetings and visit sites throughout Sheffield and occasionally outside the City boundaries (a valid UK driver’s licence is highly desirable).
- A broad understanding of the food sector is highly desirable, for instance through previous experience working in the food sector.
- A self-starter with a passion for this area of work and the ability to show innovation, inspiration and proactivity.
- Experience in applying for and managing grant funded projects is highly desirable
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities issues both within the workplace and the community in general.
Sheffield’s successful Sustainable Food Places Bronze Award bid.