We are looking for a coordinator for the partnership who is passionate about sustainable food and passionate about helping the partnership achieve its aims for Sheffield.
ShefFood is Sheffield’s food partnership and part of the national network of Sustainable Food Places. We are a cross-sector partnership of local public agencies, businesses, academic and community organisations committed to working together to create a more sustainable food system for Sheffield. ShefFood exists to:
- connect, coordinate, communicate and celebrate the wide variety of food partnership activities happening in Sheffield;
- support the design, development and delivery of effective food policies and strategies for Sheffield and
- lead a successful bid for a Sustainable Food Places Silver Award for Sheffield.
Commitment: This is a fixed term position for 32 hours per week commencing immediately until the end of July 2024, with an opportunity to extend depending on funding. Working arrangements are flexible and can be negotiated to fit the right candidate.
Responsible to: This position is hosted at Food Works. The ShefFood Partnership HR Coordinator will act as your line manager and work priorities will be discussed in collaboration with ShefFood key members and officers.
Remuneration: £14.72 per hour, 24,494.08 per annum for a 32 h/w appointment
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Monday July 17th. Interviews are scheduled to take place on Tuesday July 25th.
- Drive the continued development and purpose of the ShefFood partnership, ensuring all relevant sectors and actors of the food system are represented and engaged.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the Local Food Action Plan for Sheffield.
- Convene and support regular governance and working group meetings within the remit of the partnership. Keep in regular contact with group members between meetings to maintain momentum
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and shared learning within the partnership and the national SFP network.
- Identify opportunities for funding and support bids and projects where they further develop the partnership, working with the ShefFood Finance & Governance Steering Group.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an effective communications strategy, working with the ShefFood Comms Coordinator
- Represent the partnership at meetings relevant to the progression of ShefFood key issues locally and nationally
- Liaise with external partners to deliver the Synergy project on scaling up local food partnerships
We are looking for a person who fits our team and mission. Specifically for this role we would like someone who is:
- A capable organiser who can work with minimal supervision.
- Experienced in fostering collaborations in a complex network of stakeholders
- Evidenced understanding of project and budget management principles
- Excellent communication and conflict-resolution skills.
- Good level of IT skills, in particular with Google Workspace.
- Ability to attend meetings and visit sites throughout Sheffield and occasionally outside the City boundaries (a valid UK driver’s licence is highly desirable)
- A broad understanding of the food sector is highly desirable, for instance through previous experience working in the food sector
- A self-starter with a passion for this area of work and the ability to show innovation, inspiration and proactivity
- Experience in applying for and managing grant funded projects is highly desirable
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities issues both within the workplace and the community in general
Sheffield’s successful Sustainable Food Places Bronze Award bid